Volunteer Rebuild Chhulemu Treks in Fall, 2015
- We are planning for 3 separate groups of 12 people each to help us Rebuild Chhulemu
- Group #1— Oct 27—Nov 7 in country
- Group #2— Nov 9—Nov 21 in country
- Group #3— Nov 29—Dec 9 in country
- Don Moore will arrive in Kathmandu with group #1 and depart from Kathmandu when group #3 departs. He will also travel in and out of Chhulemu with each group
- $1800* per trekker ($1700 for Trek #3) excluding airfare—covers all costs in country, including transfers, transportation in Kathmandu, hotel, in country airfare, guides, porters, all meals. Not included are expenses for personal items.
- Proof of Trip Health Insurance, to be purchased separately, is required.
- All flight reservations will be made through HDF. With this we will apply for a group rate and pay no taxes,. Everyone will leave the US from same city, and arrive at KTM together.
- To the extent possible, we will fill groups 1 and 2 before 3
- We will sleep in hotels in Kathmandu, and in 2 person tents outside Kathmandu.
- All meals in K’mandu restaurants are provided, and outside Kathmandu meals will be provided by cooks in a dining tent.
- We will spend 2 days to get to Chhulemu, 7 days working in Chhulemu, 2 days getting back to Kathmandu, and 1 day in Kathmandu before departure.
- Trekkers are encouraged to raise money to pay their way, and HDF will provide suggestions how to accomplish this.
- Trekkers are asked to do manual labor to help Rebuild Chhulemu, and/or use other skill sets to help rebuild the lives of the villagers. Before departure and for overall efficiency in serving the mission of Rebuild Chhulemu, HDF will need agreed upon defined duties for each trekker.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 due July 15 for trek #1; August 15 for trek #2; and September 15 for trek #3. Other completed forms required by HDF will be due with the deposit.
- Balance of trip costs, proof of trip insurance, and cost of airfare due not later than 60 days prior to departure.
- Karma Sherpa and Sherpa Mountain Adventures to handle trek reservations, logistics, payments, etc.
Please call Don Moore, 720-854-9518 with your questions. Thanks!
* Before the earthquake, HDF had planned a 14 day Volunteer Trek at cost of $2300, $300 of which was to be a direct donation to HDF. While not asking for a $300 donation to HDF with this redefined trek, a gift of any sum would be greatly appreciated. Just $10 buys a day’s worth of labor provided by a local carpenter.